Login

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:43 pm

Post subject: Player Survey
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:35 am 
Site Admin

1. What monsters do you like most?
  2. Rate your enjoyment of each of the following environments from 1-10, 10 being best: a) wilderness encounters, b) city encounters, c) dungeons, and d) unusual locations such as cloud homes or underwater.
  3. Rate your enjoyment of each of the following types of adventures from 1-10, 10 being best: a) long adventures, b) short adventures, c) linear adventures, and d) open play with no prepared plot.
  4. Rate your enjoyment of each of the following types of play from 1-10, 10 being best: a) combat, b) interaction with NPCs, c) puzzles, d) investigation, and e) mystery.
  5. Do you have any session location requests or preferences?
  6. What times can you play each week? (Please separate forum availability and Vent/FantasyGrounds availability should we choose to try that out)
  7. How do you prefer I contact you about game details? Please provide your contact information.
  8. How do you prefer we handle characters of absent players? (in the case of Vent/FantasyGrounds should we choose to try that out)
  9. What three gaming moments would you like to recreate in this campaign?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Player Survey
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:47 am 

Monsters with Pack Mentality. They like to clump up. I like "Beast" type mobs overall for some reason, more natural.

2. Rate your enjoyment of each of the following environments from 1-10, 10 being best:
a) wilderness encounters: 10
b) city encounters: 8
c) dungeons: 8
d) unusual locations such as cloud homes or underwater.: 10

3. Rate your enjoyment of each of the following types of adventures from 1-10, 10 being best:
a) long adventures: 10
b) short adventures: Depends, typically 7ish, but sometimes in the mood to kill and not think, so it bumps to a 9/10 in those moments.
c) linear adventures: 9
d) open play with no prepared plot: 7
4. Rate your enjoyment of each of the following types of play from 1-10, 10 being best:
a) combat: 8
b) interaction with NPCs: 10
c) puzzles: 9
d) investigation: 9
e) mystery: 8

Nope! I like the unknown, it helps me from possibly meta-gaming.

6. What times can you play each week?
Forum: 8am-10PM EST Monday - Friday. Weekends are sporatic, but I am typically around.
Vent: 5PM EST - 11PM EST Monday - Thursday, Weekends if its scheduled, anytime.
7. How do you prefer I contact you about game details?
1 - AIM: Kylocke
2 - Email: kylocke@gmail.com
3 - You can call me too.

8. How do you prefer we handle characters of absent players? (in the case of Vent/FantasyGrounds should we choose to try that out)
They either follow us and do nothing, or stay sick at home.

I want to have a battle where things start far off into the distance, just to see how useful having this range is :)
Otherwise, I don't want to re-create anything, I want to make our own memories!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:23 am 

I like Zombies, Vampires, Werewolves... etc!

2. Rate your enjoyment of each of the following environments from 1-10, 10 being best:
a) wilderness encounters - 10
b) city encounters - 6
c) dungeons - 7
d) unusual locations such as cloud homes or underwater. - 10

3. Rate your enjoyment of each of the following types of adventures from 1-10, 10 being best:
a) long adventures - 10
b) short adventures - 9
c) linear adventures - 7
d) open play with no prepared plot. - 5

4. Rate your enjoyment of each of the following types of play from 1-10, 10 being best:
a) combat - 6
b) interaction with NPCs - 10
c) puzzles - 8
d) investigation - 9
e) mystery - 7

5. Do you have any session location requests or preferences? DINOSAURS!

6. What times can you play each week? (Please separate forum availability and Vent/FantasyGrounds availability should we choose to try that out)

On Forums: Daily, Afternoons are best, but sporadic times in morning and evening are possible.
FG/Vent: Tuesday or Wednesday - 7-9 PM EST. OR Saturday/Sunday, anytime.

7. How do you prefer I contact you about game details? Please provide your contact information.
I think you should send me super secrit post its.

I think everyone should come up with their own cover story ahead of time, and that's what their character is doing.
Like, if I'm not available - Erid is out in the wilderness, hunting boar and trying to gather things to make camp a more cozy place.
If we're in between missions, she's having sex with the captain.

Anything is better than our RL campaigns.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 am 

I like messing with demons and devils.... and goblins. Goblins are just fun you know.

a) wilderness encounters: 8
b) city encounters: 9
c) dungeons: 10
d) unusual locations such as cloud homes or underwater.: 7

b) short adventures: 8
c) linear adventures: 8
d) open play with no prepared plot: 5

a) combat: 10
b) interaction with NPCs: 9
c) puzzles: 6
d) investigation: 8

Nope

I check the forums when I can and more than I should at work :)
Vent - Hard to say. Tuesday and Thursday nights are out as is every other Wednesday. Sunday nights might be best.

gordon.scherer@gmail.com
Email or IM

If they can be left behind without twisting the story that's fine. Otherwise they travel along behind and don't do anything really heroic. You know, like, "I'll guard the horses while you guys check out the obviously stuffed with riches tomb or the ancient dead king who had no concept of how to set a good trap"

How do you mean?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:46 am 

Anything that is easily recognizable as a bad guy.

a) wilderness encounters: 8
b) city encounters: 8
c) dungeons: 10
d) unusual locations such as cloud homes or underwater.: 10 but not underwater, swimming in plate blows :)

b) short adventures: 8
c) linear adventures: 9
d) open play with no prepared plot: 7

a) combat: 10
b) interaction with NPCs: 9
c) puzzles: 9
d) investigation: 8

Nope. Bring on whatever.

Forum: 6am-10PM CST Monday - Friday. Weekends are sporadic, but I am typically around on Sundays.
Vent: 7PM ish CST - 10PM CST Sunday – Thursday (depending on Mel), Fridays and Saturdays I’m usually busy.
FantasyGounds: Thursday nights would be ideal

1 - Yahoo: thoranon
2 - Email: thoranon@gmail.com
3 - You can call me too.

Normally easiest to follow along.

I don't want to re-create anything. I want to make new moments.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:19 pm 

What monsters do you like most?

Slaads and Rakkasha

Rate your enjoyment of each of the following environments from 1-10, 10 being best: a) wilderness encounters, b) city encounters, c) dungeons, and d) unusual locations such as cloud homes or underwater.

a:) 8
b:) 9
c:) 7
d:) 6

Rate your enjoyment of each of the following types of adventures from 1-10, 10 being best: a) long adventures, b) short adventures, c) linear adventures, and d) open play with no prepared plot.

a:) 10
b:) 6
c:) 6
d:) 8

Rate your enjoyment of each of the following types of play from 1-10, 10 being best: a) combat, b) interaction with NPCs, c) puzzles, d) investigation, and e) mystery.

a:) 7
b:) 7
c:) 1
d:) 6
e:) 8

Do you have any session location requests or preferences?

I'm pretty flexible. I guess since I'm a playing a Bard, it'd be nice to have a place to perform everynow and then ;)

What times can you play each week? (Please separate forum availability and Vent/FantasyGrounds availability should we choose to try that out)

While I'm at work, I can generally keep up with the forums from 10am to 6pm EST. For Vent/FG I could probably do it Mon/Tues/Thurs evenings.

How do you prefer I contact you about game details? Please provide your contact information.

AIM first, then email. I think you have these details.

How do you prefer we handle characters of absent players? (in the case of Vent/FantasyGrounds should we choose to try that out)

On the Forums, if we don't hear a response for maybe 4-6 hours the DM can probably do something minimal. In the case of Vent/FG, maybe another player can do their best to play that person's PC?

What three gaming moments would you like to recreate in this campaign?

I think gaming moments where you need to accomplish things before a timer is up makes things interesting.

Offline Profile